2. From Bouchier to Vallouise
As you set off from the car park in Bouchier, leave the track leading to the Gîte le Pas du Loup on your left and take the small path that rises through the base of the valley over a terrain of large boulders. At the first fork, continue straight on. A few metres further on (GR waymark) follow the sign to Bois du Clot. The path climbs up to a spring (large boulder) and then follows the contour line. The path, which turns into a track, is rather vertiginous in places. At the next intersection, head towards Rocher les Rouilles.
1. From here, leave the balcony path to start the descent down to Les Vigneaux. At subsequent intersections, follow the downhill path (Les Vigneaux) (GR waymark). When you reach Barthalay (DFCI (forest fire defence agency) tanks), take the track on the right (Les Vigneaux) following its twists and turns until you come to an intersection with a sign to Les Parchers. Follow this sign and ford the Rif Cros mountain stream.
2. The route sets off northward towards Vallouise. After the mountain stream, take a path on the right (Les Parchers). You come to a track on the left, which you follow. At the intersection 50 metres beyond a hairpin bend, take the path on the left (Les Parchers). The track turns into a path with a superb view over the valley. When you reach Le Parcher, follow the paved road uphill (Bois Noir) for a few metres and then bear left towards a charming building with wooden balconies. Pass below the building and follow the path which runs uphill to the left of the building. Follow the steep narrow path, continuing straight ahead until you reach 1,320 metres altitude where you come to an old irrigation ditch which you follow left. At the next intersection (hairpin), take the track leading to the left (Vallouise). When you reach the gate, take the uphill path, ford the Champarie stream and then take a small path running downhill to the left (Vallouise).
3. From here, continue downhill to the La Casse housing estate and Vallouise. At the next intersection, head towards Vallouise. When you come to the houses, take a small path that runs below a house. Before the pylon, turn right towards a large meadow down the hill. You come to a wide path which you follow right for a few metres, then take a path on the left that leads to the large meadow. You follow this path, which turns into a track, which takes you through the meadows to the cemetery and on to the centre of Vallouise.
- Departure : Bouchier
- Arrival : Downtown Vallouise
- Towns crossed : Saint-Martin-de-Queyrières, Les Vigneaux, and Vallouise-Pelvoux
Short-toed snake eagle
- Impacted practices:
- Sensitivity periods:
- Parc National des Écrins
Two ford crossings (Torrent de Rif Cross and Champarie stream); exercise caution in stormy weather.
Vallouise Park house
, 05290 Vallouise
04 92 23 58 08
Information, documentation, models, exhibitions, screenings, product sales and works of the Park. Guided tours for school, reservation required. The new Park House opened in Vallouise since June 1, and offers visitors an interactive permanent exhibition inviting to explore the area and its heritage. A temporary exhibition space will allow a renewed offer. Finally, the device is completed by an audiovisual room to organize screenings and conferences Free admission. All animations of the Park are free unless otherwise stated.
Report a problem or an error
If you have found an error on this page or if you have noticed any problems during your hike, please report them to us here: